Wisconsin Sunset

Wisconsin Sunset
God is painting again...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chicago

So I went shopping in Chicago on Monday for the first time since we've been out here. I went with our senior pastor's wife, Wendy. We had a wonderful time - I managed not to get too flustered by Chicago traffic (which I think is way worse than California - much more aggressive), and we even found a parking space in the first garage we drove into. Our first stop was Macy's to see the windows. They had weird little furry creatures and winged things - a little freaky. The store was enormous - nine floors, I think - and every floor was decorated to the hilt. Beautiful! On one of the escalators, you can see all the floors at once, with all the decor, chandeliers and huge ornaments all over - I felt like I was in a movie! I didn't buy a thing, but I had a blast!

We hit several other stores, but never quite made it to Michigan Avenue (sorry, Danielle). It was so cold, your face felt like it had icicles when you went indoors. The thought of wandering very far in that kind of cold, and not exactly sure which lot we parked in, had absolutely no appeal. Once we did figure out where we parked, we decided to check out this little outdoor area near the garage that had all sorts of German vendors and a gigantic 40 foot Christmas tree. Very European. One stall had hot cocoa - very appealing. We ordered some, and the girl asked if we wanted whipped cream. Well, duh! She grabbed the can and pressed, but nothing happened - it was frozen inside the can! She actually had to go to the "warmer" to get another can - the REFRIGERATOR. Ugh.

No comments: