Wisconsin Sunset

Wisconsin Sunset
God is painting again...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

another year....

Well, if you go back and count blog posts, it's obvious that Lindsay writes much more frequently (and her posts are usually longer than mine! I did want to weigh in and reflect on the past year, though - it's been a tough one getting used to a new culture and part of the country, being far from family and friends. I think we're finally settling in, though, and once we can get into a house this spring, I think that will give us a much greater sense of permanence.

My first year at Asbury has been both challenging and rewarding... it usually takes seeing a full 'cycle" of a year at a church to really begin to feel like you have a good grip on how things flow, and this time has not been an exception to that concept. Usually as I start my second year, I'm really beginning to feel as if I'm making some progress, and that is indeed the case here.

I've been pleased to see some growth in the Choir, the restart of our Bell Choir and I've started an adult Praise Team. I've also taken over leadership of the MOB (Methodists on Brass), and am always on the lookout for new ways to include our musically talented congregation in worship.

I was especially pleased with how things went on our Christmas Music Sunday - the video feed come out very nice on this piece, so I post the YouTube link here:



As this year closes, I'm thankful for Lindsay, a fine place to work and serve, and God's blessings and care for us while we awaited the sale of our house. Although it was difficult, we never missed a meal, always were able to pay our bills and even occasionally had a bit of extra $$ for some leisure. God is good!

No comments: